Wednesday, April 29, 2009

tuesday april 28,2009


I left DFW at 5:00a.m. and headed up to 380 and went west to Brownfield,Texas.I then went southwest to Lovington,New Mexico to get out of the low clouds.There was still plenty of cloud cover so I headed south to Monahans,Texas were things improved.The first cell of the day popped up south of me between Pecos and Ft. Stockton so I raced down to see.Amazingly,I stopped to get gas and when I got back on the road it vanished from the radar.After waiting a little while another cell began near Saragosa.It took a little time to get there because of the road network and when I did it had fizzeled as well.The picture shows what it looked like by the time I got to it.A very dissapointing day.Another storm formed near Calsbad,New mexico at this time but it was too far away to get to before dark,so I decided to call it a day and spent the night in Monahans,Texas.The milage for today was 781.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You down there by that big old Road Runner?Don't forget the Marfa Lights at nightfall,I seen them with my own 2 eyes!Old Hag A Bag misses you! Ha!Jerry

scott eubanks said...

Just missed the big bird and thanks for that information. d.s.e.